[Zope] Using MySQL with ODBC causes re-authentification of Zope on WIN2000

Richard S Herrington richherr@unt.edu
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 13:56:02 -0500 (CDT)

Here is a perplexing problem I am experiencing.  First, I was able to
compile the MySQL database adapter (MySQLdb) for WIN2000 and connect
successfully to a database I set up on Windows.  I set up a ZSQL method to
return rows from the database.  Then I set up a DTML method to iterate
over the rows and fill a html page using "dtml-in" to receive records from
the ZSQL method:

...snip...snip...
<dtml-in sqlQuery>
<dtml-var last-name>
<dtml-var first-name>
</dtml-in>
...snip...snip....

This worked fine.  Next, I was able to connect with a MicroSoft Access
database using an ODBC method.  Then I did the same as before.  Create a
ZSQL method (e.g. sqlQuery), then iterate over these rows with a "dtml-in"
tag, filling an html page.

Now here's my problem.  When I set up a MySQL ODBC connection.  The ZSQL
method by itself returns rows from the database just fine.  However when I
access the index_html page that contains the "dtml-in" tags.....it causes
a prompt to reauthenticate to Zope (username and password).  No known
username and password will work.  I set all my MySQL permissions properly
as far as I know.

I've scoured the archvies but have found nothing.  I need some leads as to
what to try.  Thanks in advance.

Rich Herrington
University of North Texas
Academic Computing Services
Research and Statistical Support
Voice: 940 565 2140
Email: richherr@unt.edu

"You live and learn.  At any rate, you live." -- Douglas Adams

"Where is the knowledge that is lost in information?  Where is the wisdom
 that is lost in knowledge?"
                                                            T.S. Eliot

"Whenever I have a little money I buy books; if there's any left over, I
buy food and clothes."
                                                              Erasmus

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

                                               Epictetus (50-138 A.D.)

"True wisdom is less presuming than folly. The wise man doubteth often,
and changeth his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubteth not; he knoweth
all things but his own ignorance."
                                              Akhenaton? (c. B.C. 1375)

"Happiness is the absence of the striving for happiness."

                                              Chuang-tzu (fl. B.C. 350)