[Zope] Re: Where should votes be posted? (was: Your feedback on datetime)

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 20:58:54 +0100

Brian Lloyd wrote:

> > Do we *have* to clutter this zope@zope.org list up with loads
> > of votes?
> >
> > It is high enough traffic as it is!
>
> That is a good point. My initial reaction is to say that
> maybe voting should only be done on zope-dev, but I worry
> a bit that there may be quite a few people on the zope list
> (and not on zope-dev) who would have a stake in an issue and
> end up not seeing (or voting) on it.

I agree there.

> Ideally I'll have a web-based voting thing on dev.zope.org
> so that only one pointer to it has to go to the list(s), but
> until then I propose that votes happen on zope-dev for the
> time being...

Sorry that I wasn't very clear. My point is whether everyone has to mail
their votes to the list, or whether they can just mail them to you. You
collate the votes and post the result to the list after a period of
time.

But then, perhaps people like seeing how popular the proposal is, in
real time :-)

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer