[Zope] Limiting folder space

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 02:21:07 -0600

Oleg Broytmann wrote:

> Hello!
>
>    ZODB (like any other filesystem-like storage) should has "qouta"
> support. But while it is not implemented I'd like to hear your recipe.

I don't beleive ZODB is a 'filesystem-like' storage, as it is an Object Database. The
problem (well, one of them anyway ;) would be determining just how much 'space' a given
object is consuming.

Now, what I am doing, is to use the Mountable Database (?) product to mount a given
client's site on. I then calculate storage based upon the size of that particular Data.fs,
and then:

 o let the fs handle the quota for the user
 --or--
 o run cron jobs to monitor size of the
   Data,fs-es, and notify me of any over
   a specified limit.

I have the two methods because I offer varying levels of server options; some have user
accounts, others do not.

I am migrating to ZEO, but am currently experiencing some difficulty with the
aforementioned  product, but will soon have a new one to take the place. :-)

Bill

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are easy to annoy,
and have the root password.