[Zope] problem with dtml-in and Zope 2.2

Steve Jibson stevej@parlant.com
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:12:44 -0600

(I've seen other similar posts on the mailing list, but I haven't seen
the answer, so I'll re-phrase the question and hope someone can help.)

I've got an external method that returns a list of record objects:

def getRecords(self):

    class record:
        pass

    r = record()
    r.height = '25'
    return [r]

Then I've got a dtml-document that uses this list:

<dtml-in "getRecords()">
  <dtml-var height>
</dtml-in>

This worked great before I upgraded to Zope 2.2, now when I "view" the
dtml-method, I get a popup asking for me to re-authenticate (which, of
course, fails every time).

The other posts I've seen similar to this have all involved using
<dtml-in> to iterate over the results of a database query.  It appears
that there may be a problem with <dtml-in> in Zope 2.2.

Please help!

Steve Jibson
Parlant Technology
<stevej@parlant.com>