[Zope] zwiki mailing list ? RFC

Geoff Gardiner ggardiner@synomics.com
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 09:19:41 +0100

Even if ZWiki and WikiNG are to converge (are they? I'm still not sure of
intentions here), we would need keep updates to ZWiki and the new
engineering of WikiNG separate in everyone's minds - but not so separate as
to seem confusingly competitive.

Could this be done by moving joyful/zwiki to zope.org? If so, we could use
the same (zope@ and zope-dev@ + wiki) mechanisms so long as there is clarity
between the aims of ZWiki and WikiNG (clearly posted on both wikis).

Trying to keep abreast of an active sourceforge/zwiki as well as
joyful/zwiki, zope/WikiNG, zope@ and zope-dev@ at the same time would be
even more of a trial than I find it now.

Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Michael [mailto:simon@joyful.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2000 6:59 PM
To: zope@zope.org
I'm thinking of activating the zwiki mailing list at sourceforge, as a
repository for the above and perhaps a testbed for
mailing-list/zwikiweb integration.

On the other hand I'm against too much fragmentation of our
discussions - things are bad enough already! - and I like to use the
zope list where possible.

If you have any thoughts either way, I'd like to hear 'em.