[Zope] Problems with JavaScript in WinNT + Netscape! Urgent!

Peter Arvidsson peter@innodev.com
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:53:28 +0200

Hi

I am using JavaScript's in zope and until now I havent experienced any
problem. Today something strange happened though.. when editing a
JavaScript it suddenly stopped working in WindowsNT with Netscape. It
worked however in IE on the same computer and on Netscape running on
Linux (RedHat 6.2). When examining the errormessages and the code I have
found that the errors seem to be some linebreaks that do not show up
when I am looking at the source (not even with w-get). The reason I
suspect that is the problem is that the errors are like: "secondsVisi is
not defined." when in fact the name of the variable is "secondsVisible".
I also saw one linebreak when looking at the source for the
html-document once.

Can anybody tell me why this happens? I dont suspect this is a
browser-bug because the JavaScript works just fine in Netscape running
on Linux. This is not a cache-thing either because we have tried
everything in that area. Therefore I wonder if this may be an issue in
Zope?