[Zope] monitoring the zope-process with daemontools

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 23:19:45 +0200 (CEST)

Andy Pahne writes:
 > I have posted a few days ago that I have problems with my zope dying
 > suddenly.
 >
 > Someone suggested to use D. Bernsteins daemon-tools, not as a solution to my
 > problem, but helpful anyway. I made this tool working on my production
 > system, but there's one problem with it: as long as I start it by hand with
 > the command
 >   svscan /service &
 > everything works fine.
 >
 > But when I start it automatically at boot time (through an entry in
 > rc.local) then Zope starts up as I wanted it to do, it gets monitored and
 > restarted again in case of a sudden death, but my DCOracle Database
 > Connection tells me "not connected" and when I try to open it, Zope dies.
It seems that your environment is different for interactive
start and start during boot.

Remember, that Oracle requires a set of environment variables set,
especially ORACLE_HOME.

 > I have trouble connecting to Oracle since month now, it never works as I
 > expect. Is there anybody out there having no problems with Zope and Oracle
 > databases? I'd really like to know that.
We have little problems....

Beside something corrupting the heap.
I do not yet know, what is to blame -- but maybe in a few days.

Dieter