[Zope] Zope for secure transactions?

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 14:59:39 -0600

Cary O'Brien wrote:

> > > 1. Can Zope support SSL or https?
> >
> > AFAIK without support of some other tool not.
> >

> If you have money ($12,000 us), but not programmers/time you can buy
> a box to do this from Intel.  Plus it is very fast.
>
> http://www.intel.com/netstructure/products/accel_7110.htm
>
> (Not an Intel employee, but they did serve me a very nice
> Breakfast while telling me about their products).
>
> Or you could put Zope behind Apache-stronghold.

Or behind Roxen.

Or you can download the mxCrypto tools. There exists a patch to medusa/ZServer to provide
https capability. I haven't used it, so I can't speak as to the ease/difficulty in doing
so.

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are easy to annoy,
and have the root password.