[Zope] Starting Zope

Nitesh Dhanjani Nitesh Dhanjani <nitesh@expert.cc.purdue.edu>
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 10:29:01 -0500 (EST)

Interesting argument. However, consider this: if you completely trust your
'firewalled' box, then why not run the web server as root? One response,
in your case is the fact that you mention your trust on users(humans are
the most easy to compromise, however that argument is a bit OT). However,
do you trust all of your webserver code? Do you trust your cgi-bin
scripts and applications? And by trust I not only mean harmful intent by
the authors of software, but unintentional bugs which can be exploited,
and will be given the privilege to bind to <1024 ports even when they run
as a user with least privileges.

Just my opinion.

nitesh.