[Zope] Calender Tag & SQL caching

Kapil Thangavelu kvthan@wm.edu
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 19:11:59 -0700

Arjan Scherpenisse wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> This is my first posting to this list. I have a website which will
> make use of a calender, with events on it stored in a MySQL
> database. Now, i wondered how to efficiently show this data from the
> database in the calender. I mean, not in a way that a sql query is
> made for each day on the calender (which would make up to 31 queries
> in the Calender Tag 'month' view...)
>
> So i wondered, is there some way to 'cache' the result of the SQL
> method, so that i can use just one query to fill up an entire month,
> for instance?

welcome to zopeland.

SQL methods automatically cache themselves (check the advanced screen
under /manage of the SQL method in question). unless you're passing in
different arguements for each day, in which case you're probably better
off retrieving all the calendar events at once you should have to worry
about it. if you have any questions how, send me a copy of the schema
for
the tables. there is a tradeoff for ram but unless you have a large
calendar it shouldn't make a difference.

cheers

Kapil