[Zope] Q: Link status/checking -

Jørgen Skogstad jorgen.skogstad@c2i.net
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 12:09:30 +0200

Kindest,

I was wondering about a few points I havn't seen any references
to. Are there any implementations in Zope that can verify the
validity of an url? That is;

1) A link database is generated .. and should be maintained.
2) A process should be run at least once a week to check the
   validity of links in the database.
3) If the link is not "valid" .. it sets a tag in the db which
   says it's untrusted .. which again could show that in the
   link listed on the web through Zope.
4) .. and if it's untrusted for N runs .. it is removed.

.. have anyone looked into that? .. and anyone made any conclusions
as to how one can solve that?

I am not that familiar with Python .. but I might be interested
in generating such an engine.. based on Zope / mySql of some
sorts.

.. Perl support would really make me happy right now!

Have a real nice day.

Kindest,
Jørgen Skogstad