[Zope] Re: <dtml-tree> puzzling behaviour!

Patrick J.M. Keane keane@danet.com
Thu, 01 Jun 2000 07:49:28 -0400

"Patrick J.M. Keane" wrote:

> This is REALLY weird.
>
> I have a <dtml-tree> in a DIV panel (there are others).  If I expand any
> branch of the tree, all of the javascript (and imagemaps, and everything
> else in other div panels become disabled (in Netscape 4.7 under linux).

So, the answer has SOMETHING to do with the

#whatever=

that trails at the end of the URL.  When this is removed, all is well.  Is
this just a HREF anchor jump?  The answer might possibly be for me to
eliminate it from my python tree code, unless it serves some other purpose
(not serving a purpose for me, these are small trees).

So, am I wrong to think you can use <a NAME=> anchors in a <DIV> tag?
I would assume so, but Netscape does render DIVs in a sort of bizzare way,
so perhaps you cannot.  In which case, this has nothing to do with zope,
but more to do with Netscape.  Well, that sucks. :)

Anyway to work-around this within the <dtml-tree> code by modifying tree-s
or e or c?  I'd like to have a fix so that if you click on a [+] you get a
URL back with no trailing #placefinder.

pk