[Zope] Linking to Mailing List Managers - Mailman and Zope

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 12:25:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Nils Kassube wrote:

> Zope/E-Mail integration is something I'm very interested in doing as
> part of my CS studies (What's the English word for "Studienarbeit"?).
> However, my todo list of non-commercial projects is full, so it's
> probably going to take some time to do something that's not paid for,
> sigh, I should spend some time looking for companies here in Lübeck
> or Hamburg open for new technology which is not based on Java...
>
> With management via Zope pages do you mean something like the
> administration pages of GNU Mailman (written in Python)?
>
>     http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman.html
>     http://www.list.org

One of the first things zope exercises i did when learning zope, not tool
long after coming to digital creations, was create a product that hooked
up with the Mailman installation on zope.org.  (One of the last things i
did at my prior job, at CNRI, was to resurrect and revitalize the
prototype Mailman, for use as the maillist manager on python.org.)

I moved on to other things, and the MMRoster product may be way out of
date - i don't even know if the mailman interfaces have changed from
underneath, and i *know* that the zope ones have - but the product still
may offer some useful clues about one way to hook up with mailman.  I just
uploaded a tarball of it to my members folder - see

  http://www.zope.org/Members/klm/MailmanStuff/MMRoster.tar.gz

(I know ethan is interested in this topic, and barry warsaw, mailman's
current maintainer and my old colleague/buddy, has also expressed
interest, so i'm cc'ing them.)

All this said, i'm spread too thin at the moment to be able to *do* much
more than watch, maybe chime in, if stuff happens...

Ken Manheimer
klm@digicool.com