[Zope] How to backup and restore a Zope application

Michael Spalinski mspal@schwinger.harvard.edu
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 08:34:34 -0400

    Itamar> Jilani Khaldi wrote:

    >> is there a way to backup and restore a Zope application so I can
    >> move it from a coputer to another?  I have seen in the utility
    >> directory but I found only "load_site.py".  Thanks.

    Itamar> The Zope database is stored in var/Data.fs - that's most likely
    Itamar> all you need for a backup.

If you store anything in the Gadfly database which comes with Zope you also
need ZOPE/var/gadfly .

If your application uses any external methods you also need
ZOPE/Extensions.

If your application uses any products installed by you then you also need
ZOPE/lib/python/Products.

--M.