[Zope] Current date in DTML

Luis Cortes lcortes@pollak.com
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 11:36:44 -0600

On Tue, 06 Jun 2000, you wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> How can I get the current date & time (preferably as a
>> DateTime.DateTime object) in DTML? I cannot instantiate a DateTime
>> object, because the DateTime module is not imported.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ivan Raikov

I saved this answer, because I thought I might need it -- might be what you
need:

From: "Eric L. Walstad" <ewalstad@energywright.com>To: jeffr@odeon.net
Cc: zope@zope.org

I think I've got the syntax, Jeff:

<dtml-var "_.DateTime(birthday)" fmt=aCommon>

- birthday is a field returned from my Z SQL Method
- The "_.DateTime(birthday)" part creates a DateTime object
- The '_' is a reference to the DTML namespace
- The DateTime() function creates the DateTime object
- The fmt=aCommon part formats it to look like: "May 7, 1966 12:00 am"

You can change the format by changing the fmt=XXXX so that XXXX is the
format you want from Appdx A of the Zope DTML reference.

Eric.

If the you the current time, you might also try using  ZopeTime instead of
"_.DateTime(birthday)".

have fun!
Luis.