[Zope] newbie: zope not finding python libs

Daniel Chudnov daniel.chudnov@yale.edu
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 21:11:40 -0400 (EDT)

I've had a series of problems getting products to install correctly and
importing some test external methods to go; each of these seems to be
related to zope finding the right python libraries at the right time.

Looking through the misc docs I find comments about PYTHONPATH but nothing
that indicates whether this might be the issue, or if this is another
common install/admin issue I'm overlooking.  Is there a runtime config or
compile thing I need to do to make sure zope has the right path(s) and
finds everything?  Do I need to install duplicate libraries into the
zope/lib/python dir (I hope not :)?

I also saw somewhere (one of the mysql products?) that installing
necessary libraries from source was better than rpms (I'm running
rhlinux6.0, Zope 2.1.6, python 1.5.2-2) but don't recall finding any
specific strategy for good share dirs Zope will find.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  If there's a how-to or the like I
missed, I'm sorry but this is hard to find.  And I'm a librarian so I'm
usually good at finding things. :)  Happy to provide product/library
specifics if necessary, too.

  Thanks,

  -Dan