[Zope] Error Type: TransactionError

Chien-Pin Wang cpw@suprize.com
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:25:42 +0800 (CST)

Dear All:

   OS: RH Linux 6.1
   Zope: 2.1.6
   Python: 1.5.2
   Extra Products: ZOracleDA, FSSession, Document Template

   I just encountered a series of errors throwned out from my production
Zope with type TransactionError. The coresponding error value says:

"""
A serious error, which was probably a system error,
occurred in a previous database transaction.  This
application may be in an invalid state and must be
restarted before database updates can be allowed.

Beware though that if the error was due to a serious
system problem, such as a disk full condition, then
the application may not come up until you deal with
the system problem.  See your application log for
information on the error that lead to this problem.
"""

The trace back did not say much:

"""
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.1.6-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
169, in
publish
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.1.6-src/lib/python/ZODB/Transaction.py, line 209,
in
commit
TransactionError: A serious error, which was probably a system error,
                occurred in a previous database transaction.  This
                application may be in an invalid state and must be
                restarted before database updates can be allowed.

                Beware though that if the error was due to a serious
                system problem, such as a disk full condition, then
                the application may not come up until you deal with
                the system problem.  See your application log for
                information on the error that lead to this problem.

"""

I am almost clueless about this error, and it prevents the system
from being accessed until zope is restarted. Please help!