[Zope] Zope.org Hidden Stats

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 11:36:27 +0100

Hi all,
under /Software this is shown.

The machine is running RedHat 6.1. The Zope installation is a CVS
checkout with fairly conservative updating. The content is served
completely out of the Zope database. Apache is used as the web server
in front of Zope.org, using PCGI to integrate with the Zope server.
Soon we will migrate to using FastCGI.

Can someone please clarify something for me here. (I've been Zoping
for 15 months and *still* don't know the correct answer)

If you're running Zope from behind Apache/PCGI then you *have* to run
Zope single threaded. Am I correct?

Therefore, that implies that Zope org is not using ZServer to serve
up documents. Still correct?

If this is the case then I'm even more impressed, but would like to
ask why not use Ansers 'Apache/ZServer HowTo' and get the best of
both worlds?

TIA
Tone.

------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2