[Zope] Zope.org Hidden Stats

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 14:31:24 +0100

At 10:52 am +0000 8/6/00, Oleg Broytmann wrote:
>On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Tony McDonald wrote:
>>  If you're running Zope from behind Apache/PCGI then you *have* to run
>>  Zope single threaded. Am I correct?
>
>    No, you r not! Yoy can run multithreading ZServer and connect Apache to
>it via PCGI. There are two PCGI servers in Zope - single-threaded and
>builtin (as a component) in ZServer.
>
>Oleg.            (All opinions are mine and not of my employer)

Thanks for that Oleg,
Well you live and learn...

To the zope list,
I'm going to go really slowly here, as this is something that has
been bugging me for yonks!  (I have read doc/WEBSERVER.txt ... again
and again).

1) Zope + Apache redirected to Zope.cgi with PCGI_PUBLISHER =
pcgi/pcgi_publisher.py = single threaded server. No ZServer activity.
Uses ZPublisher?

2) Zope + Apache redirected to Zope.cgi with PCGI_PUBLISHER =
ZServer/PCGIServer.py = ZServer based multi-threaded server. Implies
better throughput.

If I'm anywhere near close, can someone please point out any
resources that will show me how to get option (2) working?

Additionally, can I ask that if (2) *is* correct, then with the 2.2
release another script (w_zserver_pcgi.py ?) be released.

cheers,
tone
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2