[Zope] ZCatalog and plurals (wordnet?)

George Runyan grunyan@emerging.com
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 09:16:49 -0500

does ZCatalog support plurals?  zope.org is not, maybe its not running thew
latest n' greatest version of ZCatalog (for good reasons?).  anyway - if
search for 'logo' on zope.org you get nothing, but if you search for 'logos'
you get what I was looking for (to make some .ico files :) does someone have
an idea of the potential to put plurals into ZCatalog?  is it in the future
of ZCatalog.  in the presentation slides this is all that is said (thus
far):

Cool features (Boolean, synonym/stopwords, field/keyword/text, wildcards)

would plurals fall under the catagory of, 'synonym/stopwords'?  sorry for my
ignorance but what is a stopword?  this is new feature (?) in CVS.  how is
this configured?  can ZCatalog and word.net be somehow integrated, this I
believe would incorporate natural language queries into ZCatalog, as well as
plurals!  what would be the integration point to this?  has anyone thought
about this?  it would probably be *REALLY* easy for someone familiar w/ the
ZCatalog to plug this in in less than a few hours.  not necessarily
practical (?) -- but I believe its an interesting idea.  again, where ~
would this be integrated?  any ideas?

wordnet: http://www.cogsci.princeton.edu/~wn/

python module:
http://www.cs.brandeis.edu/~steele/sources/wordnet-python.html