[Zope] FW: troubles with installing zope

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 21:13:36 +0200 (CEST)

Andy Gayton writes:
 > I'm trying to install zope on an alpha box running CompaqTrue64 4.0F.  I've
 > created a seperate account to run zope under.  I've installed zope
 > under this user's home directory.
 > This seemed to bring up the server ok, however there was a PROBLEM
 > statement:
 > 2000-06-08T06:12:23 PROBLEM(100) ZServer Computing default hostname
You can ignore the PROBLEM statement.
It always comes and apparently has no effect.

 > I could then point my browser at the server on 9080 and get the introductory
 > page.  However, if I try to do anything else, like go to admin page or quick
 > start documentation, the server raises the following debug message and the
 > browser says that the document returned no data, try again later or contact
 > system administrator  :
 >
 > Stack overflow: pid 23282, proc python, addr 0x14085ffe8, pc 0x120038c18
It seem that the thread stack is not large enough and that
Python (one of the Python threads) gets a stack overflow.

You may try to look into the OS documentation to find, whether
you can specify a default thread stack size.
If Python uses Posix threads on your machine, you may find the information
in the "pthread_create" documentation.

If you find nothing, I fear, you will have to fetch
the Python sources, provide large enough stack size
and recompile.

Dieter