[Zope] ANN: ZUBB 0.3.2 (Zope Ultimate Bulletin Board)

Graham Chiu anon_emouse@hotmail.com
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 19:46:43 +1300

In article <p04320400b5660d26458c@[209.27.56.93]>, J. Atwood
<jatwood@bwanazulia.com> writes
>This would be possible but I think it would be confusing to the user (posts
>would jump to the top). See below...

Perhaps not if you just sorted the once when the person first hit the
site.  Of course, that would mean each user would have a different view
of the tree.

I think it would be less confusing to have just one level of indentation
in threads as in UBB rather than unlimited levels as here ( and in
Matt's BBS ).  Takes too many clicks to get to the new messages, and far
too long if you expand all threads.  Perhaps amalgamate all replies to
the main post into one long document.

Also, I would prefer to not have the post message form exposed, but to
click on a button to then expose it.  This would allow me to only allow
registered users to post - they click on post - and then go through a
log on screen, and then they post.  I think in UBB you also have to log
on to post, but you can read anonymously.

--
Regards,  Graham Chiu
gchiu<at>compkarori.co.nz