[Zope] ZCatalog and Search Results

Jason Spisak 444@hiretechs.com
Fri, 09 Jun 2000 15:42:08 GMT

Aaron Payne:

> Jason,
>
> At 11:41 pm 6/8/00 +0000, Jason Spisak wrote:
> >You have the dtml-if statement in the wrong place if you want the object to
> >be created and then redirect. First, try it without the dtml-if statement
> >like so.
> >
> > > <HTML>
> > >   <HEAD><TITLE>Add Coupon ZClass</TITLE></HEAD>
> > >   <BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" LINK="#000099" VLINK="#555555">
> >
> > >   <dtml-with "CouponProductZClass.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'],
> > > REQUEST)">
> > >    <dtml-call "propertysheets.Basic.manage_changeProperties(
> > >                     REQUEST)">
> > >    <dtml-call reindex_object>
> > >   </dtml-with>
>
> I tried this in the add method. Actually, both the old and the new method
> reindexed the instance.  The problem occurs when I try to search the
> catalog after adding the zclass.  After adding an instance, the catalog
> search fails to find the new coupon or even the the old coupons.  Only when
> I manually update the catalog in the mangament interface will it return any
> matches.

I helped another person through almost the exact same situation you are
describing.  Check the mailing list archives in February.  I think has to
do with the report/search pages.  Although, the catalog shouldn't return
different results if you type in /reindex_object after the URL of a
CatalogAware object, or if you use the update Catalog facility.  Try
appending /reindex_object to the URL of the new instance after you create
it.  Just out of curiousity, what is making you think it's indexing it?

All my best,

Jason Spisak
CIO
HireTechs.com