[Zope] Re: FSSession newbie problem

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.com
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 11:22:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Hung Jung Lu wrote:

> Pavlos: this is the part that is confusing to newbies. FSSession can be made
> in such a way that this initial call can be avoided. HappySession works that

You are right. There is no real need for the initial call. It was
initially designed like this because I inherited directly from UserDict
and I was lazy to override every call to check whether FSSession was
initialized or not. Also and more important I wanted to be compatible with
SQLSession so the migrating users from one to the other will do so without
needing to change much of the code. The initial call is useful if you need
to pass parameters, like noCookie or _force_new_session etc etc.

Pavlos