[Zope] ZDiscussions in classes?

Alexander Limi alexander@limi.net
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 18:46:56 +0200

Hi,

I have a problem with getting ZDiscussion working the way I want it to.
First a little background, so it becomes easier for me to explain what I
want to do:

On my site I have several users (called "artists") that I have built a
ZClass for. This Artist-ZClass contains a propertysheet with the properties
of the artist, it also subclasses ObjectManager, so the artists can add
their own pictures in their own object.

This works excellent, and I am about to take the next step - adding a
discussion forum on each artist, so people can discuss the artist's work
directly on his pages.

I then tried to add a ZDiscussion Topic ("discuss") in the ZClass. (I also
regenerated the methods before proceeding, to get the default interface.)

When I tried to access the discussion at:

http://my.host/artists/testartist/discuss

Zope asks me for a login, and not even the superuser can access it.

Either my thinking is screwed up (it often is ;), or it is impossible to
accomplish this with ZDiscussions. Could anyone offer me some insight as to
what I'm doing wrong here?

--
Alexander Limi
alexander@limi.net