[Zope] Multithreading in zope and python

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 07:37:13 +0200

On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 06:57:22PM -0400, sudhir@earthling.net wrote:
> I am using Zope-2.1.6.
> I have python 1.5.2 with multithreading on.
>
> But my zope still runs in single thread.
> I have changed the start script, to have PYTHONHOME="/usr:$reldir" and
> taken out the -D flag.
>
> Any suggestions on how to turn on multithreading will be appreciated.

How do you know it isn't using multithreading? If you are using ZServer
(standalone or behind anotger webserver), you are using multithreaded Zope.
And if you start Zope with z2.py unaltered, you are using ZServer, and only
took out -d from the start script, you are definetly running ZServer, and
therefor multithreaded.

Do you maybe mean that Zope doesn't fork off into the background, but instead
is still attached to the terminal?

--
Martijn Pieters