[Zope] Exceptions and XMPRPC

Peter Kropf peter@verecomm.com
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 16:02:49 -0700

I'm using XMLRPC and Zope for prototyping an application
in python. And for the most part, things are VERY easy
to accomplish. But I sometimes run into troubles with
error handling. It's fairly easy to make a slight mistake
in an external python method which takes a fair amount of
effort to debug. Or at least for me it's a fair amount.
I just might not be using any of the debugging features
of Zope.

I guess that the heart of my question is this: has anyone
done any work to extend the XMLRPC python module and the
XMLRPC code in Zope to catch exceptions, convert them to
be sent back over the network and then raise them in the
scope of the client code? In looking through the XMLRPC
code I don't see anything too obvious, but it could just
be that I'm getting tired.

Thanks!

--
Peter Kropf