[Zope] error (200)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 20:13:10 +0200 (CEST)

Mike Mikkelsen writes:
 > Hello all,
 >
 > My Zope (2.1.6) installation has just become *very* unstable.  My most recent
 > addition has been ZPatterns and LoginManager.  My passwords for my virtual
 > sites (using SiteRoot) are no longer accessable by my account and superuser
 > can't access them.  The site "disappears" three or four times a day without
 > errors.  And clicking on Product Management link sometimes returns "No Data"
 > notice in the browser and then Zope crashes.
 >
 > This is the error that shows up on the console when going to Product Management
 > or accessing the subdir that holds the subdir that has LoginManager:
 >
 > <date> ERROR (200) ZODB Couldn't Load State for
 > '\000\000\000\000\000\000\002\017'
The error means that Zope could not unpickle the object with
the given object id.

I, once, had this problem. I had changed (deleted?) a class
in one of my products. An object in the ZODB referenced this
class, unpickling failed. The problem disappeared
after restoring the old state.
I, now, delete objects in Zope before I delete classes in
a project that is required by the objects.

Dieter