[Zope] saving files to zope

Heiko Stoermer Heiko Stoermer <heiko.stoermer@innominate.de>
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 17:52:11 +0200

josh on wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to export images from a shockwave file and have them stored on my
> computer and accessable by zope.
>
> Can I just have the shockwave movie save files to say:
>
> www.myzopeserver.com/savefileshere
>
> where that folder has its permissions set such that anonymous can post a
> file there?

Its not quite clear to me what you want to do...
Which application/OS do you want to save it with?
what _exactly_ do you want?

- http multipart file upload? -> make yourself a file upload form (see zope
doc on how to do this)

- ftp ? direct your ftp-client to port 8021 of you zope machine

- http/webdav -> direct your webdav-client to port 8080 of your machine (if
you're using zserver, port 80 if apache)

- filesystem (samba) ? -> install product LocalFS and scan its
documentation. it lets you use files in the server's filesystem from zope.

> or is it more complicated than that?
it quite seems so   ;-)

hope this helps,
Heiko