[Zope] ZCatalog and Search Results

Aaron Payne aaron@aaronpayne.com
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:37:31 -0400

At 04:59 pm 6/13/00 +0000, Jason Spisak wrote:

 >Try just searching using a form that searches
>the exact same proerty as the prgramatical search...example:
><dtml-in "Catalog(vendor='MyVendor')">
><dtml-var id>
></dtml-in>
This search finds vendor. cool.

><form action="CatReport" method="get">
><h2><dtml-var document_title></h2>
>width=30 value=""></td></tr>

><input type="SUBMIT" name="SUBMIT" value="Submit Query">
></form>

The form above works.  When I add a second field, the search fails.  You
can't search the catalog for more than one item at a time?  Here is another
note: When I update the catalog in the management interface the search will
work with criteria from only one of the two fields.

1. add an instance to the catalog
2. enter one or more search criteria into form with more than two fields
3. search fails to find old or new objects in catalog
4. update the catalog in the management interface
5. enter one or more search criteria into form with more than two fields
3. search finds matches in catalog

-Aaron