[Zope] del dict[kw] in DTML

Marco Mariani m.mariani@imola.nettuno.it
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 01:38:53 +0200

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 11:26:05PM +0200, Dieter Maurer wrote:

>  > I can't find a way to emulate the pythonesque "del dict[kw]" within
>  > DTML without rebuilding the dictionary from scratch. May I?

> I fear, you will need an external method.

I think I'll stick with REQUEST.form.update({'SUBMIT':''}) for now.

After all, I'm Italian and I know how to cope with spaghetti
without a spoon :-)

By the way, I like the trick to store a dictionary within a
token property, as element 0. I've seen from the archives that
the standard answer to this FAQ is "why do you need a dictionary
anyway?".
But with tokens it works. It could be added to tips / howtos /
ZDP.. or maybe 2.2 has a cleaner dictionary type for properties..
I'll check sometime.

--
"This company has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
 If the problem persists, contact your vendor or appeal to a higher court."