[Zope] Newbie alert! Frustration right off the bat...

Rob Brandt rbrandt@callamer.com
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 18:41:28 -0800

and so it starts...

I'm determined to learn zope for my   next project and can't even get
past the tutorial.

Using zope v.2.16 on windows.

I get to the part where I create the 1st DTML method (index_html) and
  zope reports an error:

Error Type: Bad Request
Error Value: the id index_html is invalid - it is already in use.

This is in a virtually empty system.  I suspect that the problem is in
initializing the tuturial.  I suspect further that the tutorial text and
graphic figures don't jibe.

The beginning of the tutorial says to create the ZAcme folder under my
root installation.  I take this to mean at the main manage entry point,
rather than my literal root directory (as it says further down the
page).  When I do this, the ZAcme folder shows up in the workspace but
the illustrations don't show this.  I continue along and end up getting
the above error.

I also tried manually creating folders in my actual root directory (C:\)
and in the zope directory (C:\Program Files\ZAcme) and I get the above
error every time.

Help!

TIA

Rob