[Zope] zope as program

Dennis Nichols nichols@tradingconnections.com
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 22:58:19 -0500

At 09:19 PM 6/13/00 -0500, Malcolm C. Mallette wrote:
>Zope is the worst excuse of a program I have ever encountered.

Ahhh, now we're getting some place. Zope's learning curve can be _very_
steep (depending on one's experience), but every day that I work with it, I
am amazed at what can be accomplished and how it can be extended. As a
counter example, I've used PHP since it was PHP/FI and found it an order of
magnitude easier to learn. But it would take me forever to use PHP to
publish content the way I can with Zope. Zope = harder to learn, much
bigger rewards.