[Zope] compiling images

josh on josh@zesty.com
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:33:36 +0100

Hello,

I have been trying to get a collaborative comic book buider made in zope and
macromedia director.

First I want to say that I have enjoyed working in the open source world of
zope so much more than director.  Whilst some parts of Director are well
documented, others are positively hidden away...  completely propritary it
seems.  Where as here there is a great will to share and distribute
knowledge... anyhow that is by the by. (but really appreciated!)

My problem is I can't find a good plug-in for Director that lets it export
images from shockwave files.  They are just 1bit images, so what I can do is
export them as a string of 0s and 1s.

Could I use zope or PYTHON to convert 25000 0s and 1s into an, er, a PNG
file I guess it would have to be.

note, I haven't ever written any python, though I here it is very lovely!

I guess Director would send it via post to a zope page which would then
process it and save a png file.

Am I optomistic?

josh on