[Zope] ZODB Storage Question

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:08:29 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pete Kazmier" <pete@kazmier.com>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2000 4:31 PM
Subject: [Zope] ZODB Storage Question

> I've been reading through the docs, howtos, etc but haven't found an
> answer to this question.  I was hoping someone could help me out.  Is
> it possible to use the default ZODB store for everything EXCEPT a
> custom built ZClass?  or, even better is it possible to tell Zope not
> to store more than one copy of my custom ZClass?

Zope 2.2 includes a feature that allows you to mount other ZODB storages at
specific points in your hierarchy (much like you mount things in Unix). You
can store those objects in a mounted BerkeleyStorage, which doesn't do
versions. It's important to note that all of that stuff is fairly new, but
it is available to try it out.

Kevin