[Zope] getUsers cf. get_valid_userids question

Geoff Gardiner ggardiner@synomics.com
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:43:16 +0100

I want to show all users who have certain roles / and or permissions (Zope
2.1.6). I can't see how to do this directly, because I can't see how to get
hold of user objects, which I need to carry out has_permission, etc.,
methods.

I can show the userids of all valid users:

<dtml-in get_valid_userids>
  <dtml-let uid=sequence-item>
    <dtml-var uid><br>
  </dtml-let>
</dtml-in>

but I can't get all actual user objects because getUsers is a method valid
only for an identified User folder, and doesn't have acquisition.

Should I just go in and code a new get_valid_users in the style of
get_valid_userids, or is there another way? Perhaps there would be a
security implication (I can't think what) but that's not a major issue for
me at the moment.

Thank you,
Geoff