[Zope] Worldpilot and imap problem

Deryk Barker dbarker@turing.cs.camosun.bc.ca
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:55:55 -0700

Looking through the archives I couldn't find anything which semed
quite relevant, so:

I'm currently running Linux mandrake 7.02 and have enabled the IMAP
(4.7-7) server. I can read/write mail via netscape using imap, so I
presume the setup is OK. (Although i can't quite get pine to talk to
it, maybe something isn't quite right).

Unfortunately, whenever I log onto worldpilot (and yes I have edited
the DOMAIN.py file) the hourglass appears, presumably while attempting
to fetch my mail and top shows me a python process running as zope,
chewing up anything up to 80-90% of the CPU. All that seems to work is
restarting zope.

Trimming the contents of my mailbox down to just 6 messages didn't
seem to make any difference.

Anyone shed any light?

Oh yes, I have applied the imap.py.diff patch to the python library.

--
|Deryk Barker, Computer Science Dept. | Music does not have to be understood|
|Camosun College, Victoria, BC, Canada| It has to be listened to.           |