[Zope] ZCatalog in python (getting closer)

ed colmar element@immersivearts.com
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 19:32:14 -0600

I am getting closer to having a working catalog.  Thanks everyone, all your
hints have been really helpful.

The catalog is automatically created when I add a new instance of my class
to a folder

My sub-classes now inherit: (CatalogAware, Persistent, Implicit, SimpleItem)

It was the SimpleItem combined with the code used (in squishdot) to add an
item that was preventing the catalog from finding it.  When I changed it to:

        ob=PromoterPost(id,title)
        ob.id = id
        ob.title = title

        self._setObject(id,ob)

It can now be found by the catalog when I manually update it in the
management screen.  It also now exists in the zope management screens,
which is forcing me into better object management. =P

Still, the catalog does not automatically update when a new object is added.

can someone explain where the index_object() call should be?  In my case it
should be in the PromoterPost.__init__ method correct?  It does not belong
in my base class' call that creates the object right?

Thanks again!

-ed-