[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Re: Zope 2.1.5/6/7 upgrading issues

Adam Karpierz karpierz@itl.pl
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 18:02:46 +0200

>Hi!
>
>   My vote is here:
>
>On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Brian Lloyd wrote:
>>   o retract the 2.1.7 release in favor of getting 2.2 beta 2
>>     out on Monday, which doesn't have the cruft problem of
>>     the 2.1.x branch and contains all fixes to date (and
>>     which will fix SQLMethod problems and support the SiteAccess
>>     release that Evan is making today).
>
>   I am not running any production servers (yet), so I better will start to
>experiment with new Zope, rather than patching old one.
>   Other people esp. those who run prod. servers free to have different
>opinions :)

For me it's not big problem too (yet:) and better way to trying to use
new beta rather fighting with old patches and hacks.

But.. maybe will be a general problem for contributed products
wchich uses MailHost (such as EMarket, ETailer, maybe WordlPilot etc)
bacause MailHost API (especially MailHost.add)  method was changed
in 2.2 branch (in current 2.1.7 too), due to use of standard smtplib module.

And there is a big and serious problem (I think not only for me:).
On my Win box Zope2.2b1 craches (GFP), dont allow add objects (eg. Folder),
dont allow enter Control Panel if product incorect installed, etc..
2.2b1 is very , very unstable for now. Of course I understand the reasons
(a lot of very important changes).
If I would help to avoid some problems I can test v2.2b2 extensively, especially
on Win32 box (Win98, Win2000) and a little (for comparison of behaviour)
on RH Linux.

PS: appologize for my 'english'

Adam Karpierz
karpierz@itl.pl