[Zope] Facing problems with MySQLDA

Nick Garcia ngarcia@codeit.com
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:45:29 -0700

vikas wrote:

> Sir,
> I am still a new user of zope and I want to use MySQL database with
> zope. I have downloaded ZMySQLDA1.4 (stable). I have followed all the
> steps for installing properly but still I am unable to use MySQL
> connection. I have also added a Product named as ZMySQLDA in the product
> management screen but I am not sure how to connect zope with MySQL. Also
> sir please guide me where and how do i create ZMySQL connection string.
> My OS is Turbolinx 6.0
> The database is MySQL which I am using is the one provided with the OS.
> Thanking you in anticipation.

If you have the ZMySQLDA Product installed and you can add ZMySQL
Database Connections, then you're pretty muchd one.  You still have to
go in and create a user in MySQL for Zope to use, and the connection
string follows this format:

database_name[@dbserver] [user] [password]

Once a Database Connection has been established, you can create Z SQL
Methods.

--
Nick Garcia | ngarcia@codeit.com
CodeIt Computing | http://codeit.com