[Zope] Products vs. ZClasses- Design Question

Charlie Derr drivel_drool@bigfoot.com
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 18:39:16 -0400

Jeff wrote:

~ As explained above, this advantage is shared by Python Products also. You
~ do *not* want to write application logic with DTML. At a minimum, use
~ Python Methods. Otherwise, use Python.
~

Let me apologize in advance because i think this is going to turn out to be
a really stupid question.  I'm never gonna know the answer if i don't ask it
though. :-\

I've seen this mentioned a lot (advice not to write application logic in
DTML).  If one wants to use pure python (and not Products and not external
methods) to create complex actions/relationships, then where does one place
this code?  Obviously i can litter my DTML with python expressions, but this
seems to be what is being  recommended against strongly.  Is there a way to
use python "correctly" without writing a product and without encapsulating
it in an external method?

	tesmia,
		~c