[Zope] Re: LocalFS cross platform bug

Jonothan Farr jfarr@real.com
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:22:15 -0700

>  > This is a known bug. Thanks for the patch. The problem with it is that
filenames
>  > containing backslash characters are valid on Unix. I haven't been able to
come
>  > up with a solution to this. Any ideas?
>
> That's why I check for a file name that starts with a letter followed
> by a colon (hmm, maybe should check that it contains at least one
> backslash as well).

That's a good point. Although, your patch actually does the backslash
replacement regardless of whether the drive specification is present.

How about this:

+    drive,rest=os.path.splitdrive(path)
+    if drive:
+            path = string.replace(rest, '\\', '/')

This will only work if win32 paths are always specified as full paths by the
browser. Do you know if this is the case?

--jfarr