[Zope] Embedding authentication in a Zope Website

knight knight@righteous.net
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:09:10 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,

Please bear with me, I'm still slightly new to Zope, but I'm pretty up on
the structure, miscellaneous administration, etc. I'm also beginning to do
well with Python development.

I wanted to start adding authentication to my site via HTML forms, and I
saw mysqlUserFolder. There aren't any real docs that come with it. More or
less, a README that explains the feature set of the Product is all that it
has.

Installing mysqlUserFolder wasn't the problem. The problem is now
dynamically outputting content based upon login information. How do I
manipulate who is logged in? How do I check to see if a user is logged in,
etc? Do I need to read some plain zope authentication docs? If so, please
point me in the right direction.

What do I embed in my DTML in order to check for authentication?

I really appreciate the help... The Zope documentation is still a little
out of order, and slightly confusing to navigate.

Knight