[Zope] scared

josh on josh@zesty.com
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 14:15:21 +0100

I have reinstalled zope and zodb, and copied the data.fs across.  It was
about two days old.  All the changes that I had made were gone.  Luckily I
made a backup of my app yesterday by exporting it.

I must have a bad understanding of how this works.  I had imagined that
everytime I hit CHANGE, that the data.fs file would have been updated.

When the computer crashed where were all my current changes?  Is there a
temp file I might be able to recover, as I am still missing quite a few
hours work!

The lesson that I have learnt is to back up regularly by exporting.  Is this
the right conclusion?

Thanks,

 josh on