[Zope] Re: LocalFS w/ annotation data

Jonothan Farr jfarr@real.com
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 12:30:56 -0700

>  > What about just storing your meta-data in files in the local file system?
Then
>  > you wouldn't need to modify the LocalFS product at all. Just write a ZClass
that
>  > can read/write you meta-data file format.
>
> Might well be a better approach.  I'll think about it.  Unfortunately,
> it doesn't remove the need for automatically handling move, copy and
> rename, since these files wouldn't be visible to the normal archive users.

Good point. Well, for my next trick I plan to add support for generic object
meta-data in the file system. If you need it right away I'd say go for it,
because I don't know when I'll get to it. I'd like it if you could let me know
what you come up with, though. That'll probably make things easier when I get
around to implementing a general solution, which will eliminate the maintenance
chore for you of keeping your branch synched up with mine.

--jfarr