[Zope] Local File System (LocalFS) install problems

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 08:46:32 +0200 (CEST)

J. Atwood writes:
 > (I have searched the newsgroups and zope.org)
 >
 > I downloaded and installed LocalFS (untar in zope dir) restarted Zope (2.1.6
 > on Linux running as Nobody). The Local File System is an available object
 > but when I try to add it to any folder I get..
 >
 > Error Type: IOError Error Value: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
 > '/usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/LocalFS/methodAdd.dtml'
The error message is puzzling.

I would expect that your file system is not accessible by
the user "Nobody".
However, I would not expect the get the
error value:  '/usr/local/zope/lib/python/Products/LocalFS/methodAdd.dtml'.
Maybe, this is the (Zope) object that got the IOError.

Dieter