[Zope] Authentication question.

Gregory Haley ghaley@venaca.com
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:00:15 -0400

hi folks,

we are building an application that needs more information
for users than that which is made available via the
acl_users db (which can only contain username, password,
domains, and roles).  specifically, we have created an RDBS
database which tracks users via a numeric user id (and
speeds lookups), all tables are related via this integer
variable.

we are having difficulty, though, in that, zope continues to
want to build a new user entry only via acl_users.  has
anyone done something that will allow us to get around
this.  i have been searching all the various search engines
and zope list archives looking for something along these
lines, and i find a lot of stuff on how zope authentication
"out of the box" works though nothing on how to get the
authentication to work via another means.

i suspect it might require some editing of the base python
code, but i am hoping that this can be done from within the
Products directory and not in the preconpiled code.

any insights would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

ciao!
greg.

Gregory Haley