[Zope] Selection

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 19:39:48 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Rogerio

Rogerio Atem de Carvalho writes:
 > I have a form with a drop down box and texts fields. I
 > use a button to call a sql method that gets the drop
 > down box selection and the texts inputs as parameters
 > and insert a record in a table. The problem is how to
 > pass the DDB selected string to this sql method (as I
 > do with the text fields). Aparently the sql method is
 > not receiving the selected string.
This is really strange because the selected value
is passed in exactly the same way as the text fields.

Maybe, you have a typo in your form field name.

If you use as form action the following DTML method, you
will see exactly, what the browser (and Zope) have
put into the REQUEST object. When used without
explicite parameters, the SQL method uses
REQUEST to get its parameter values:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<dtml-var REQUEST>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

If this method shows you that the value comes with the
right form name, then maybe your problem results
from a bug in Zope 2.1.6. Zope 2.1.6 SQL methods
first look into their environment and only then into
the supplied arguements. There is a patch for this
bug in the collector.

Dieter