[Zope] Zope 2.2.0b2 - PythonMethods

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 13:49:42 -0400

>    I remember DC submitted PythonMethods into CVS, but I cannot find
> PythonMethod in 2.2.0b2. Are PythonMethods for later
> versions? Or it will
> be separated Product forever?
>
>    I have downloaded latest PythonMethods and successfully
> installed the
> component, but shouldn't it be in distribution? Or I just
> don't understand
> something?

Oleg,

There is still some work that we want to do on PythonMethods
to get them where we want them for inclusion in Zope -- we
need to get them well integrated with the Zope security
policies and roll in some other work that will make all
method-like objects behave in more consistent manner. I'm
hoping that this will happen relatively soon (though I can't
give you a date).

Until then, there's no problem using the latest distribution.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909