[Zope] DTML/ZClass question

James W. Howe jwh@allencreek.com
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 14:50:26 -0400

I have a ZClass that I created to hold information about a person.  The
object has two attributes at the moment, name and bio.  Elsewhere I have a
page layout which makes reference to a "pageContents" value.  I want to
display my person objects using this layout but the object doesn't have a
pageContents attribute.  I added a pageContents method to the ZClass which
references my "bio" property.  The bio information appears, but if the bio
text contains any dtml, the raw dtml code is displayed (actually it's not
visible except if you do a "View Source").  I'm assuming that what is
happening is that somehow my "bio" information isn't being rendered, but is
being returned intact as a string which ultimately gets stuck in my browser
page.  My question is this, what is the recommended way to create an
"alias" for a property defined in a ZClass?

Thanks.

James W. Howe				mailto:jwh@allencreek.com
Allen Creek Software, Inc.		pgpkey: http://ic.net/~jwh/pgpkey.html
Ann Arbor, MI  48103